We are pleased to send out the detailed programme of the Annual General Meeting and Symposium that will be held between September 29th - October 2nd in Hellevoetsluis, Holland
Click here for detailed programme
Hellevoetsluis Symposium & Annual General Meeting PROGRAMME
‘CULTURE, TOURISM & HERITAGE’
HELLEVOETSLUIS – THE NETHERLANDS
29TH SEPTEMBER – 2nd OCTOBER 2016
THURSDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER 2016
Arrival of participants
20:00hrs Welcome Barbecue & networking at Beach Hotel Cape Helius
FRIDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER 2016
08:00-09:30hrs Registration of participants
9:30hrs Welcome address by Milène Junius, mayor of Hellevoetsluis and Joseph Spiteri, European Walled Towns President.
1. “A long term vision for a walled town’ by Rainco van Egmond and Veronique Stern, Hellevoetsluis.
2. ‘Developing project concept for historic sites: lessons learnt from Fort St Elmo’ by
Dr. John Ebejer, Institute for Tourism, Travel and Culture, University of Malta.
Coffee Break (10-15mins)
3. ‘Walled Cities - Living Cities’ by Vincent Zammit, Institute for Tourism Studies Valletta.
4. 'History rising in Bursa' presentation by Aykut Uray, Bursa.
5. 'Protection ”in situ” and presentation of archaeological remains of the medieval city of Ljubljana' by Milan Kovac
14:00 – 16:00hrs Workshops
20:00hrs Formal dinner
SATURDAY 1st OCTOBER 2016
09:00 – 12:00hrs Annual General Meeting (members)
Election Vice Presidents and Treasurer
End of official program
Free Time or lunch & excursion Guided Tour Walled Town
SUNDAY 2nd OCTOBER 2016
The symposium and the Annual General Meeting will be held at the Work shed of the Dry dock Jan Blanken Hellevoetsluis.
Registration Fee is €150 for the participants of the symposium. For accompanying persons there is a possibility to join a partner program during the symposium. On Saturday afternoon there is an optional excursion for everyone.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: EWT@hellevoetsluis.nl