To all Members of the European Heritage Alliance 3.3
1. Prior to the end of the year break, we are pleased to send you enclosed the following documents related to the last meeting of the European Heritage Alliance 3.3 which took place on 22 October 2015 in our Brussels Office:
- minutes of the meeting
- power point presentation of Brian Smith on the outcomes of the Cultural Heritage Counts for Europe project (N.B. We strongly encourage you to present the key findings and strategic recommendations of this report as widely as possible to your respective networks of members and contacts. Please also note that hard copies of the CHCFE publications are available upon request, within the limit of available stock). click here for Power Point presentation
- full text of the intervention made by Rodolphe de Looz-Corswarem, President of EHHA. click here for full text
- updated contact list of all Alliance members (please note that this list is constantly updated by Louise!) click here for updated contact list
2. Please note that after our meeting and following further discussions with our various EU contacts, we felt that it would be better to postpone the sending of our letter to President Juncker on the proposed EuropeanYear of Cultural Heritage until the beginning of next year. In this way, we shall be able to reflect and react to the latest political and institutional developments related to the proposed EYCH in the most effective way.
The draft letter to President Juncker and/or First Vice-President Timmermans will be sent to you in the week of 11 January for your comments.
We thank those of you who have already sent us your logos and digital signatures and ask other members to send them as soon as possible.
In the meantime, we invite you to read the recent news item related to the EYCH which have been posted on the Europa Nostra website:
The EU Council of Ministers, at its meeting held on 24 November, also expressed its renewed interest in and support to the proposed EYCH.
A forceful letter of support by all members of the European Heritage Alliance 3.3. which will be sent out mid-January will certainly carry a very special weight as part of the current lobbying for this Year.
3. We are glad to inform you that further improvements have been added on the Alliance Blog: all received documents and news items were posted online and a section "events" was added.
We kindly ask you to keep on sending us any documents, events or information you would like to share online to keep this blog as up-to-date and dynamic as possible.
4. We also want to thank all of you who have kindly accepted to take the lead on various policy issues (see enclosed minutes of our meeting). Please keep on feeding the EHA blog with updates and information on these policy issues and/or to send any related documents directly to the colleagues.
5. We suggest to hold the next meeting of the Alliance mid April in Brussels: We have just been informed that the European Culture Forum 2016 will take place on 19-20 April and that the European Heritage Label Ceremony is expected to take place around these dates. We therefore kindly ask you to save the week of 18 April in your Agendas. We shall write to you with more precise information early next year.
6. Finally, we take the opportunity of this email to inform you that our colleague Danaé Anastopoulos-Chaimowicz will leave Europa Nostra to start a new position as temporary agent at the DG EAC as from 1 January. We warmly thank her for her hard work, dedication and energy during the entire year 2015; we wish her every success in her further career and look forward to staying in regular contact with her on various European policy issues of relevance to cultural heritage.
We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Peaceful and Happy New Year 2016!
We very much look forward to another year of intensive European cooperation for the benefit of the safeguard of Europe's amazing cultural heritage!
Sneška & Louise